TechSpot

Free Radeon HD 4830 and HD 3650 to a good home

By red1776
Aug 11, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The economy is dreadful, I have seen a lot more folks who have older comps with IGP's and want to game, but either money is tight ,or a new PSU is needed making it cost prohibitive. My family and I have been fortunate through this s****y economy . So if you live in the states and can make use of a HD 4830 or a HD 3650. PM me with your address and I'll send it to You. Both will run on modest PSU's

[​IMG]

The Blue one is the HD 4830
    Thr Red is a HD 3650...........sorry Nvidia fans :p
  2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

hmmm, well i could use a spare PCIe adapter as a test unit in my shop... but that would be greedy and i think others probably need them more. if you don't get any hits after several weeks i'd gladly take 'em off your hands though, but you could probably just donate them locally.
  3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

That's rather generous and awesome of ya Red :grinthumb!
  4. elroacho72

elroacho72 TS Rookie Posts: 124

Thats a great post Red!
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,062   +84 Staff Member

I'm surprised nobody has claimed these. I'm going to rename your thread so it gets a little more attention.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

This is a great idea. Hope someone gets these with good use. I thought about giving stuff away here but I still need to go through my box of anti static bags of old stuff.
  7. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

Me to. :)

In said spirit I've now changed mine to free as well; in case we have any UK members after a HD3650 as well, I'll give mine away to a good home.

P.S. Sorry for the blatant post hi-jack, but I didn't think you'd mind considering we're both on different continents. :)
  8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,535   +318

I have to assume this is because the population of users are not allowed to post here, so it's limited to a few hundred members, wait, that's still a lot of people :)
  9. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

I would totally take one but I live in Canada. /sadface If you have a change of heart I am here!
  10. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Topic Starter Posts: 5,897   +88

The 4830 has been spoken for. The 3650 is still available.
  11. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

Darn, I wish I had been around this week! A 4830 would run circles around my current card. Do you know how the 3650 would compare? I have not seen any reviews that include both.

12. red1776

in this benchmark the 3650 beats up on the GT 8600 pretty good.
    http://www.guruht.com/2008/09/geforce-9500gt-vs-ati-hd-4650-vs-hd.html

you want it?
  13. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

Awesome, I'll take it. A pm will be sent.
  14. red1776

Okay great Techno.

The 3650 is spoken for.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.