FreeAgent Desktop 500GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy2k8

I don't know if this is in the right section, but here goes:

My client has got two laptops: for this, I will call them Laptop 1 and Laptop 2, and a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 500GB USB drive.

Both daughters want their uni and college work backed up.

I have created two folders on the drive, one for the backup of Laptop 1 and one for the backup of Laptop 2.

The backup works fine, but I cannot find, even on the Seagate forums and in the documentation, how to choose a specific folder. Some people say the only solution is to set the laptops up as shared, but then I think that's a bit complicated for a my client, who wants to backup on his own.

The drive uses Seagate's Drive Backup software (called FreeAgentCN.exe)

Would it be easier to use an external piece of backup software (for example Roxio Backup?)

If you plug the hard drive in on one laptop and then the other I dont see why you would need to share anything. Does the problem lie within Seagate's backup software or on the computer itself. Can you go to drive/folders from My Computer.. I would recommend Acronis software or Windows Backup or just a simple copy and paste.. What are you wanting to backup?

Backup

His daughters just want to backup documents, photos, music, etc.
Could do copy and paste, but it would be easier for them if it was automatic

Windows backup is free and automatic. Acronis is not free but is also automatic. There are many other solutions and it all depends on your budget and needs. Seagate software is probably sub par (I dont really know) but I would look at other solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back