Freeware: impaired users

By thewoosterisroot
Aug 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, I have a sister with very poor vision, so I am looking for a Free program to help her out. Many of the programs i have looked at cost over $100, easy. If that is what needs to be spent, fine, but i was wondering if there are any good, free options out there. I've been looking, but most of the programs are demos, or don't work that well. Anyway, thanks guys.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Would Windows own accessibilty options help?

Click start/all programmes/Accessories/Accessibilty.

Regards Howard :)
  3. thewoosterisroot

thewoosterisroot TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 234

Yes, i have looked into that. I will probably examine windows componets in more detail, but unforunently i don't think they are going to make the cut.
  4. lilsweety577

lilsweety577 Newcomer, in training

freewarefiles.com
  5. EsTeBaNo

EsTeBaNo Newcomer, in training Posts: 100

Try Checking at Download.com
    They have any kinds of stuff there
  6. thewoosterisroot

thewoosterisroot TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 234

Hey, thanks all for you help. However, events have take a change for the better,and it looks like a "school for the blind" might be paying for her to have a professional program (one of those programs that is ridiculously overpriced but does work well), so that takes care of that. Thanks again :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.