Freeware Registry Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technel

Hello.

Some might call me a "neat-freak" because I am possessed with the notion that everything must be clean and organized. It is no surprise that I try to keep my registry as clean as possible. Despite reformats every couple months, I am not aware of any reliable way to test free registry cleaning programs.

I have found tons of them online, but I am wondering if anyone could share their favorite, most effective registry cleaner? I looked on the TechSpot downloads section and there are 3-4 alone on there. Look on MajorGeeks and you will find a ton more. I tried easy cleaner and it found like 120 entries total. I tried Karen's Registry Pruner and found 1000+ entries found. I am trying to find a program that will check for entries linking nowhere and entries that are no longer valid.

So, I am wondering if anyone could share their favorite, most effective and accurate freeware registry cleaner. I have read a lot of reviews, but I have not been able to find any sort of comparison of which works most effectively? A little side note -- does anyone know how one might run such a test?

Thanks!

- Technel

Note: I am also asking so I can find the best one to use after I reformat this weekend (I want to give it a test-run beforehand).

i use tuneup utilities 2004, but its not exactly freeware. you can use the trial version for awhile however. it has about 10 different tasks for cleaning the registry, adn it has an option to reduce the size of your registry by defragging it.

If you do a fresh install every 2 months, then I would suggest taking a caption of your registry after you have everything installed that you want,and then you can compare that registry shot to one that is taken after you use your OS after a month or so. This way you can tell what is old and what is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back