Freezes on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinl15

When I first go to start up my computer I get

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
blah, blah, blah

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

I tried all the options it gave me and it would not do anything, It would just sit on this screen forever.
I just formated and reinstalled Windows XP using a different computer because with mine I can't boot from CD-Rom. Now on mine I am unable to boot from floppy either.
Could it be the harddrive or maybe a motherboard issue?

Interesting...seems to me like a damaged partition. What you need to do is reformat Windows XP on your HDD. What I would do to do that under what you say is to access the BIOS, go under where you change the Boot Order. Changed the first boot to your CD-ROM drive and disable the boot of all the other drives (HDD, FDD, etc.). Once you do that, restart your computer with your Windows XP OS Install/Upgrade disk and reinstall the OS on the Active Partition. There you should REPAIR it instead of wiping the HDD. If that doesn't work, Reformat the HDD and install the OS on there as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back