TechSpot

Freezing and Non-Responsive PC

By darby26
Sep 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

As in the heading of my thread...my PC keeps freezing and is Non-responsive. I have just formatted the HDD and reinstalled WinXP.

It takes forever to open some pages and I have 1gb of ram. My HDD is 120gb and the motherboard is 3.0ghz.

I have a LG DVD burner which is another problem.......and a Nvidia video card

Major software installed is

Win XP home edition with SP2
    Bullguard Anti virus
    Opera internet browser
    PC on point registery fixer
    Assorted Popcap games
    Microsoft Office for XP
    Limewire
    Messenger
    123 copy dvd

I only know the basics about PC's but I thought that my PC should be a lot faster than it is. I have downloaded all updated drivers for everything.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to fix whatever problem my PC has.

When it becomes unresponsive and I manage to get the task manager oopen..my CPU usage is only about 5%

Thanks
    darby26

2. HIM_Valo

HIM_Valo TS Rookie Posts: 53

It might be that registry fixer you got there. I remember at one point i had one and after i ran it, my computer would let me logon, but after a few mins it would restart, and i couldnt get it to stop, until i reformated. So you might try re-format again and dont install or run that registry fixer. If that don't fix it try hitting it with a hammer :knock: !!

Best of Luck.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.