Freezing Computer when on some games

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40 GHz , 2.41GHz , 512 MB of RAM im running windows xp proffessional.When i start some programs/games my computer freezes...when i start playing the game after a while it just freezes and have to hit the restart button ... i ran spysweepers , anti-viruses , disk defragment and its still the same someone please help me ... thanks

What specific graphics card do you have and which driver is installed? Do you have the correct DirectX version for your games? What brand and wattage is your power supply? What games are causing trouble? Is anything in particular happening during the games when they freeze, like loading scenes, playing cutscenes, heavy action, explosions or whatever. Does your system even meet the minimum requirements for these games. If so, have these games run okay before and now they aren't?

BTW, instead of restarting the whole PC, aren't you able to use the Task Manager to exit the games?

Do you have a modem? I had a same problem, my modem and sound card had used same IRQ number. When i take out modem everything is worked properly.
See in Device Menager if there are devices with same IRQ number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back