Freezing!!!!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I just purchased a new computer, im extremely tight on money so couldn't afford alienware standards. Here are my specs:

A64 3500+ @ 2.2ghz, 512 L2 cache, 2000mhz FSB
512mb RAM DDR
320gb SATA, 7200RPM and 8MB cache
1 Nvidia 6600GT 128mb (Leadtek)

I went out and bought HL2, Guild Wars and BF2 (rather hopeful :) ).

Guild Wars - Full settings, Slight delay when rendering round corners (RAM ISSUE), which is not a problem, playable...

HL2 - Fiddled around with settings, have the stuttering bug, not really a problem, didn't enjoy the game... More into CS:S

Counter Strike Source - Full settings no stuttering, but then the problem occurs... After two hours of hardcore gaming, my system freezes! My CPU light goes out and sound stops. The screen is still displaying the last image.
I have the reboot, and start up.

BF2 - Medium Settings - Great! Then... the same problem. Have to reboot.

I have rebooted about 400 times and its getting on my nerves. The freezing hardly ever used to happen on intergrated graphics! Is this a Video card problem, PSU, CPU, Heat, RAM, Hell I don't know! (crying) I feel I might need another fan... Im so dissapointed...I queried over opening the sides and running an external fan over the components...

Any questions or solutions!

I need serious help...

Don't reply, I think I have it sorted.

Problem - Freezing under intense 3d gaming, plug getting hot.

Answer - Make sure the plug is in a wall socket on its own, not on a 4 way adapter etc. Mine was on a 6 way power adapter thingie mabob with all sockets full, therefore not getting enough power. My monitor was also heating up due to this...

Hope this helps people in the same position... :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back