Freezing online games only

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer never freezes excpet when i play Soldier of Funtune 2 : Double Helix online...what do i do? It freezes while i'm playing SOF2 Double Helix in the middle of the game? It does it alot and it makes me mad. I will be playing a game and it freezes the system up..what do i do?:confused:

You'll probably have to wait for a game update that addresses your problem. :(

I remember a smiliar probem in the original Soldier Of Fortune (probably totally unrelated). I had to wait for the update for it to be fixed.

Can you be more descriptive on your freezing though? Maybe someone can help you out. For example, where does it freeze? Many games have a problem where they freeze on loading.

Freezing

I'm talking about it freezes the whole computer up. It freezes the whole computer up only when i play SOF2 online..(somtimes)

:bounce: First off do you have a ATI RADEON AGP Card? I have the same problem with playing SOF2 the whole computor freezes up.
It is the new drivers from ATI 4.10 drivers causeing these problems.
The 4.9 drivers hiccup so to Play Sof2 I suggest you use the 4.8 version drivers for your redeon Card. Until SOF@ gets an update patch, but I dought it. Its too bad because the new 4.10 catalist drivers work well with Doom 3, and FarCry. Just craps out Soldier of Fortune 2.

SOF2 Online

To answer the other question the game freezes up during on line play at about 1 minute to 2 minutes into play, and yes the whole computor freezes up.Either restart with reset button or holding the off button down for complete shutdown there is no other way.
I guessing it may have something to do with PB (Punk Buster) as well when it trys to update, it then activates the freezing sequence. But that could be a cowincedence.
From Bad Speller Part Two! :bounce:

AFAIK you're quite correct in your assesment that PB is behind your woes.

Unfortunately, it is unknown when they will "get around" to fix the problem. They've gotten complaints from ATI users for quite some time, and now nvidia users are experiencing the same. (Nvidia can reproduce the problem and openly admits that it's not just an ATI problem) But there has not been much help forthcoming from the people behind PB, so no-one really knows what is happening to resolve the problem.

There has been some talk about the newest beta drivers from ATI fixing the problem (they're on ATI's download page due to ram mapping fault with older drivers), but I don't know if it works for everyone or not.

Hopefully they'll help you out, otherwise you'll have to roll back to a previous driver release, though you might encounter stuttering with those.

SOF2 and Punk Buster

OK for sure the two together are causeing the lock up issue for me
ATI 4.10 drivers and Punk Buster.
I can play in any PB free sites and no freezing occurs.

Please some one help fix this. Is it ati or PB responseability?
I beleive it is up to Punk Buster to fix this issue, just like ATI needs and corrects issues with new game releases, to stay up to date. PB should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back