freezing video

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacind

Hi

for the last few months now ive been having problems with my video files (almost every format except .mov files). sometimes they work - very rarely, but most of the time they move in stuttering motion even though the sound plays fine.
i thought it was a codec problem - but i got rid of all my codec packages and fixed the ones that were bad, but i still get this problem.

ive posted this issue before but in a diff section, but i was away for a while, so i applogise for the repition, im sure i got the right section now, but here is what i had posted earlier
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=95211#post95211

tia
wacind

You dont mention what os you are using, but i suggest you disable your virtual memory, clear all temp files internet etc...stop all background processes, defrag your drive then re-enable your virtual memory.

Just a few ideas :)

hi Shiney

thanks for the help. im using winxp home. i tried everything u said, but the video still stutters heavily.
here is a list of my codecs, im not sure if some of them are interfering with each other.

well i use mostly wmp, but the videos wont work on realplayer or winamp.

its strange that quick time movies with the mov extention seem to work all the time

also what do you mean by overlays, how do i check for them and should they be enabled or disabled?

thanks
wacind

In WMP go to Options->Performance->Advanced, make sure "Use overlays" is ticked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back