Frequent BSOD 0x3b error

I just re-installed my OS to a new HDD and right away I have started receiving these BSOD errors. Im running Windows 7 Pro from MSDNAA. Im kinda hoping it isnt a hardware issue so that I don't have to go about getting it replaced.

I have attached the Minidump files along with some debug logs form the minidump files.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • debuglog.7z
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
After the reinstall did you happen to update your video card drivers? 0x3B errors are often the result of faulty video card drivers. Your one debug log particularly cites an ATI driver as the issue.

I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

It found a bunch of small files for the ati drivers, I hit clean and have reinstalled the drivers. Now i guess I just wait and see if it crashes again?

thanks btw.

Same error code and same driver cited. Repeat the previous steps I gave but only download and install the latest drivers. This should be just one file, not a number of smaller ones.

ok i did it again, once again the cleaner picked up a bunch of files. this time i skipped installing all the extra crap though. and just put the driver on...

reading installers yay...

And it looks like I am out of the water. It hasn't rebooted and now has an uptime of 18 hours.

Thanks for the Help Route 44

Back