Frequent disconnect of 56k dail up internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi friends
i hav 56k dail up connection connection .when i try o connect it connect at very good speed around 52000bytes but after sometimes it dissconnect ............. i tried same connection with other computer but it runs well so must me problem wid my computer ...plz help
thanks
cheers
Raj

Common factors when being disconnected include the phone line you are using, your modem and your ISP.

One line may have excessive amounts of "line static", which may be getting you disconnected. Also, call waiting can cause disconnections.

If you have line static, there are also certain modems that are very susceptible to static.. Particularly winmodems based on the HCF chipset. There are modem init strings you can add to decrease being disconnected using these chipsets.

Settings can cause your problems as well, such as auto disconnect every 20 minutes when idle etc.. Bad drivers... Windows problems... Perhaps your modem is even bad.

If you have line static and are unable to fix your connection because of it, it may be necessary to buy a good hardware modem and ditch your crappy one (if it is crappy).

Please tell us what kind of modem you have and any information you find on it, then we can give you a modem init string and perhaps that will fix it.

It could even be your ISP, certain ISPs have different refresh rates, for example BT Openworld's refresh rate is two hours(basically you will get disconnected every two hours). What ISP are you connected with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back