Frequent Random Reboots - Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system reboots about once a day randomly. It's a brand new system that I've installed a fresh copy of Windows XP. The only thing that I've done to it thus far is load the drivers from the motherboard site and patch it with XP SP2 and critical updates.

Reviewing the event viewer, I get one informational System event (Eventid 1001) when the computer reboots:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x4b574008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8003b020). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini022506-02.dmp.

Then when I login as a user, I get a System Error popup that creates a second event viewer System event (Eventid 1003):
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 4b574008, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 8003b020.

Here's how my environment is setup:
Motherboard: Giga-Byte GA-8NSLI (REV1.1)
CPU: Intel Pentium D 930
Memory: 2 GBs Corsair
Video: Radeon X600

Please help!

RESEAT all your cards

first thing is check to see if your ram is compatible with your motherboard. RTFM

then run memtest86 from a floppy - you DID install a floppy drive like you should didn't you? This will check your RAM

is your PSU strong enough? I wouldn't run any newer system with less than a 550W PSU.

So, I am using a 550W PSU.

I ran Memtest86 from a CD as opposed to floppy. The download site gave me the option to download an ISO. Is there a problem with running it from a CD? I do have a floppy if this is the preferred method.

The test did indicate a few errors on Test 4. I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean that the RAM is bad and needs to be replaced? I got the overly expensive Corsair 667 PRO DDRII RAM.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption, and a bugcheck of 0A.

1 minidump crashes at NTFS.sys. Windows file system. I has a bugcheck of 8E.

1 minidump crashes at usbohci.sys. Windows OHCI USB Miniport Driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd/page file.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

run memtest from a floppy. You will have a more accurate test. Let it run for at least 7 passes or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back