TechSpot

Fresh Diagnose problem!

By StormBringer
May 23, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been running Fresh Diagnose for about a week now. It seems to run fine and seems to be accurate, the problem is when I try to generate a report, it won't. It will start the process then just stop about 1/3 of the way into it. It just stops doing anything at all. It doesn't crash or stop responding or anything it just stops. I thought I wasn't giving it enough time so I let it stay there for a while, two hours later(I forgot I left it there) I came back and the progress hadn't moved.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
    anyone have similar problems?
  2. JAV

JAV Newcomer, in training Posts: 264

Hmmm. All this time (8mos?) & I never tried it. I *just* noticed that if I hold the cursor over the icons: I get a pop-up telling me what each one is > except 'system report'. I usually just 'save' the pages I want to keep. :rolleyes:

I glad that except for this issue it runs fine & seems accurate. Obvious answer would be contact 'Fresh'. ;)

Maybe I'll try to run it tonite after I go offline. Let ya know tomorrow what happened. :cool:
  3. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 2,871

I did contact them but I'm not holding my breath for a reply seeing as it is a free utility. I was under the impression from the documentation, that the report you generate would give you tips on improving performance. That is the only reason I wanted to use the program to begin with.
  4. JAV

JAV Newcomer, in training Posts: 264

SB,

Well I ran the report on the default settings (no benchmarks ran) & it generated a report to C:\ My Documents creating it's own folder. I read the report (took 5 min to generate) & it doesn't give 'tips' like SiSandra but rather gives info from which the user can deduce problems.

If you are trying to do the benchmarks, that may be the 'lock-up' problem: too much at once for the system to handle.

HTH,
  5. StormBringer

StormBringer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 2,871

Too much for what, my system or the program? I doubt it is the former. I have tried it with and without the benchmarks, but still no report.

Guess I'll just go back to SiSoft, though I don't like that one very much.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.