Fried cpu or bad mobo need help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks. Sorry for bothering forum but I really need help to findout the cause.
1. abit sg 72 socket 478
2. p4 2.4 400mhz
3.a new chasis
4. 1gb kingston
5. saphire 9550
6.maxtor 40 gb
7.seagate barracuda 400gb 7200

Ok . as you can see this is a somewhat old system a gift from myfriend who upgraded few months ago. He bought this in or around year 2001. CPU fan was too loud and I thought that was the fan of PSU but when I disconnected the cpu fan noise came off and I did let CPU work without fan some 5 minutes; then while loading windows it has reset itself. then I bought a new p4 cooler coolermaster and conected easily then run my PC. Everyting seemd fine; no fan noise nothin. I selected a mission from flight simulator X and waited some 2 mins to come by, B747 cocpit came and after that comp crashed just like that.
I had to reset from the button coz it didnt respond to ctrl atl delete or whatsoever. And guess what it never worked again.
Now I ve been reading this forum for 2 days I found very similar siuations but I am still confused. I ve tried many things that were explained but I cant find out if my mobo or cpu dead. If cpu no prob, ebay full of cpus and small size. n
Here are the symptoms:
I turn on, all connected fans etc works fine, graphics card has a blue neon it works also its fan works, I ve tried with single module ram and another ram no difference. I took mobo out and disconnected all, and used onboard vga, no change, cpu fan also runs, dvd burner runs, I hear no post signal nor do I have a speaker in da chasis, red HDD light is continuous, no vga comes, monitor is like I ve never turned the machine on. HDD s run nicely I connected them as external in da box to my laptop no problems. my friend had a 600Watts PSU I also tried that (chasis is brand new) but no hope.
I took it to the repair shop so damn silly they had no parts to try on nothing about socket 478 .
so in this case how do I find out if my cpu or mobo dead..
anything I forgot to say that might be a clue pls remind me.
thanx everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back