Friend keeps hacking me please tell me if he is a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw123

Hello

My friend tells me he hacks me a lot(keylogger) he says he uses PC Acme. I am tired of his bragging, unless he's doing the actual hacking. So i need to know if he sent me a spike, and I should call the police on him, or is he a big fat stinkin' liar. I'll send an HJT log(attached) He says his little hacktool is undetectable. I will make him read his "logs" and see if he really did hack me, and then I'll call the police for hacking(if i can) or if he's a big fat liar.

Thanks guys

sw123

[log attached]

I can't find anything about a keylogger, but there is one thing that needs to be cleaned. I'd recommend cleaning it, cuz though I'm not sure what it is, it is malware. First, though, you need to move HJT to C:\Program Files\HijackThis, then rename hijackthis.exe to analyze.exe. Then post a fresh log.

and I should call the police on him

Give me a break..he could get in a lot of trouble for very little. I don't know how he considers you a "friend". He's probably using beast, its a trojan that you send to people as an exe file, and when you open it it disappears and creates a server in which you can access, therefor accessing your computer. Simply tell him if you don't stop hacking my comp i will call the police on you, just to scare him, but don't actually do it...thats just ridiculous.

Your HJT log is clean. However as kitty500cat pointed out, you need to rename and place HJT in the proper location as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

I`d also like you to download, install and run AVG Antispyware, instructions in the above link and post a fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of sw123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

twite said:
Give me a break..he could get in a lot of trouble for very little. I don't know how he considers you a "friend". He's probably using beast, its a trojan that you send to people as an exe file, and when you open it it disappears and creates a server in which you can access, therefor accessing your computer. Simply tell him if you don't stop hacking my comp i will call the police on you, just to scare him, but don't actually do it...thats just ridiculous.

I have told him and he says his hacking is "legal" hacking. I beleive there is no such thing as "legal" hacking, am i right?

EDIT: What is the exe name for the beast trojan?

it's either setup.exe or server.exe, im about 99% sure its setup though. You will not be able to find it on your computer though because it dissolves into svchost.

I have told him and he says his hacking is "legal" hacking. I beleive there is no such thing as "legal" hacking, am i right?

Define what you mean by hacking. Ive had lot of people tell me that, and they have no clue what hacking really is.
Also what proof do you have that he has hacked into your computer, besides him telling you he has?

NEVER MIND I THINK I FOUND THE KEYLOGGER

I have it on screenshot on my website heres a link:

Screenshot of friend keylogging

Yeah he said undetectable....filthy bragging liar. He might be going to juvenile hall if i told him i have proof he hacked me. Should I continue to scan(i only paused it)

BTW twite...i found the keylogger(i believe) so its certain he is keylogging. It says PCAcme so I think he has been(considering he uses PCAcme)

TYVM EVERYONE!!!

sw123

Lol good luck with that. Their not going to do anything to him, their will be no way to prove it was him, and it is only a monitor. That is not a keylogging program

Yes, continue the scan and then change the action to quarantine as per the instructions in the link I gave you.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs once done.

This thread is for the use of sw123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I am continuing the scan as I type this. I believe that is what the keylogger disguises itself as so that tech support(like you) won't call it very serious. He sent me some of his logs he got from PCAcme. He has been keylogging, and i believe I detected it. I will make an edit of this post with fresh HJT and AVGAS logs.

Thank you

sw123

Ok here are files

Your HJT log is still clean. However, your AVG Antispyware log does contain some items that need cleaning. Unfortunately, your AVG Antispyware log says that all items have been ignored. This is due to you not following the instructions properly for dealing with the scan results.

Make sure all windows are closed. Run AVG Antispyware..
Click 'Scanner'. Then click 'Complete System Scan' to begin scanning.
When the scan is complete click 'Recommended Action' and change it to 'Quarantine'.
Then click 'Apply all actions'.

Once finished, click the save scan report button, followed by the Save report as button and save it to your desktop.

You can find detailed instructions for AVG Antispyware HERE.

Post a fresh AVG Antispyware log after doing the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back