Friends Computer Locks Up On Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxZxXx

Hello, my friend's computer locks up when it tries to load Windows XP. He had just reformatted the harddrive. It locks up right on the Windows Loading Screen. He's tried other harddrives and had the same problem. I tried suggesting a couple of things but he didn't want to listen to me. I'm thinking more along the ram or processor, I'm not sure. All I know about the computer is its a Compaq, AMD Sempron. I can find out more specifications later on but what do you guys think would be causing this. Thanks Much.

xXxZxXx said:
I tried suggesting a couple of things but he didn't want to listen to me. ....but what do you guys think would be causing this.

Lack of communication skills of your friend

The first thing I would ask is why did he reformat in the first place? Do you know if he reformatted correctly? Also a definition of 'locks up' would help. That could mean a few things. Hard to help with so little to go on so far. Does the Windows logo screen come on as though it's going to 'welcome' but not get there? In general everything needs to be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back