Friends on Steam

By Austin44
Jul 31, 2005
  1. AHH! is it me or is it nearly impossible to sign on friends? This thing pisses me off so much cus it could be so convenit its like a slap in the face! so if u know how to fix this please let me kno!

2. WOW_reel2reel

WOW_reel2reel TS Rookie

Unfortunately Austin its not a problem with you or your computer. The friends list on steam has been down for quite a while now. Some of your friends may be able to log on. There is a majour bug in the system and Steam has just given up on fixing it!

Good Luck.
  3. winglet

winglet TS Rookie

Yes, about that. Steam friends has not been working for about everyone I think, so thats nothing to worry about. It's never worked for me and I don't mind. Anyway, you can use Its even better than Steam Friends :giddy:
  4. WOW_reel2reel

WOW_reel2reel TS Rookie

Yeah i started to use xfire when my friends list didn't work, xfire is much better!
  5. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

I think I've gotten into the friends system a total of 2 times. There's no hope for it, go with the crowd and get xfire.
  6. Austin44

Austin44 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 67

ya ive heard of xfire, but does it take real low memory to run(not like aim) cus i dont want it to lag me any
  7. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

Xfire is made specifically for gaming, so no, it hardly uses any resources. I have it running right now and it is taking up roughly 2Kb of memory. You can even:

Unlike other IMs, you can run Xfire while playing games. In fact, you can actually send and receive messages from inside games without having to minimize (Alt+Tab) the game window.
  8. Austin44

Austin44 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 67

woah thats tight ill probly use it with bf2 cus i hear it has no friends.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.