from nvidias 6600le graphics accelerator to nvidias 7600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

i currently only have a 6600le graphics accelerator + am interested in the 7600gt. is the gt much better + if so then can i setup both in sli formation? my specs are: amd athlon 64 3000+ cpu, 256mb ddr ram, asrock k8vm800 motherboard...

Yes, a 7600GT should be WAY better than your 6600le. If THIS is your mobo, I'm afraid you can't have SLI on that board. You'll need a SLI mobo and a good power supply to do the job. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, you still have socket 754, which is a little old these days.

are you asking if you can set up two 7600gt in SLI? or if you can set up the 6600le with the 7600gt in SLI?

If you're asking the first you need an SLI motherboard.

If you're asking the second, the answer is no. The cards need to be the same to work in SLI, and they both need to be PCI express.

I think your motherboard and graphics card are AGP, so if you do buy a new SLI motherboard, your 6600le will not work with it because SLI uses PCI express.

You currently have a socket 754 CPU, correct me if I'm wrong. To setup SLI, the best would be a 939 CPU, 939 Motherboard, and 2 7600GT's.
That would be really expensive. Also, I forgot to mention, you need a PSU capable of handling that kind of load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back