From Solo to Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My toshiba sattelite A105 S4064 uses a Intel Core Solo processor. can these laptops be upgraded to use the Intel Core Duo processor's?

laptops today cant be upgraded, you're stuck with what you bought, unless you want to be stuck with 50 dollars shipping to toshiba and a 500 dollar swap. lol I thought so.

you cant change the chip yourself more than likely, and if you wanted to swap chips you would have to have the manu. do it for you, they are initially going to charge you about 400 usd to do it, plus the cost of the chip. GL

so basically I'm screwed. I build desktops all the time, but I have little experience with laptops. Lately, propriatery brand-name computers are getting more upgradable/customizable, but until about a year ago, I've always hated computers off the shelf because it seemed like they were designed to force consumers to buy a whole new machine everytime they wanted to upgrade a component... seems laptops are still in that realm...

yes, laptops are a huge market, no upgrading just buying new pc's. Upgrading the ram should help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back