from the horses mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honourableprawn

:D

Hey Peeps,

I've read the reviews and now I want to here it from gamers like me, I've preordered MOH:aa is it as good as everyone says?
I've been stuck with rtcw and tbh I'm getting a little bored now...... please tell me it is the god of the fps...!

the prawn:blackeye:

Being from the UK means I haven't played the full game yet and because VilePlanet were crap I couldn't get the single player demo downloaded. Guess I will find out on Friday when I pick up a copy on my way back to the UK from Italy ;)

Lol :haha:
Guess it does read like I am off to Italy to get the game.
Unfortunately this isnt the case as I have been in Italy for 3 weeks for work :(

Okay, I just got the game yesterday, and it is pretty damn cool so far. I have heard great things about it from everyone I talk to. :) But I personally haven't played it that much yet, as I had a stupid test to study for today :mad: :evil:, and spent all my time yesterday getting ready for that, so I didn't play much. But I can't wait to really get into it.

here's hoping...........

Well, here's hoping those wonderful people at amazon can get it to me asap, I can't wait to get my hands on it, it looks like the doggy's danglies..........:cool:

BTW anybody had difficulty installing Thief 2 on win xp? I'm going through my old games and I've already been gutted by losing Project IGI, please not thief 2 too, noooooooooooo!

OK Over reacted but it's a cool game!

the prawn:)

The Empire will compensate you if he dies.... Put him in!

I've got the demo from kazaA and played it... It was cool but not as much as the hype has made out.

yeah, i agree with you phantasm, it had good graphics, and fairly good sound, but it didn't seem to original. It had all been done before, and while you had like 4 teammates, they didn't seem to do much

-Bourbon

RTCW for ol play, MOH:AA fpr the sp experience

Yeah but what's the single player of MOH:AA like? the mp for RTCW is way cool, and if the demo for mp moh is anything to go by it's safe, but people are saying the sp for MOH is a halflife-beater, dear god I hope so, having to refer to a game that's over 3 years old as the best the pc has to offer for a sp fps is a bit sad.........

;)
The Prawn

School really really SUCKS!!

Originally posted by poertner_1274
...But I personally haven't played it that much yet, as I had a stupid test to study for today :mad: :evil:, and spent all my time yesterday getting ready for that, so I didn't play much...

Okay I am here to vent a little, because I just want to :punch: my teacher in the face. I took my test today after getting up early to study some more, but to no avail. I will be lucky if I even got a 20% on it. I think it was the hardest test I have ever taken in my entire life. Sorry that you guys all have to listen to me, but I thought it would be better than venting in other ways.

Well now that I have got that off my chest I think I am going to go play MOHAA, which is obviously what I should have done all day yesterday, instead of getting ready for that impossible test.

single player is great. the missions are very creative. even better than HL, IMO.
the beach mission and the "sniper's last stand" mission is simply my favorite.
in "sniper's last stand", you get to walk through a destroyed town filled with snipers. and once you walk in the open, BANG, you're shot from nowhere. i usually had to die 3-4 times before i could figure out where the sniper is (and i'm playing in easy mode!). great fun. :D
and these 2 scenes do remind me of the scenes from Enemy At the Gates. ;)
and in some missions, you get to drive tanks, use a binocular to lock the target and send a radio call for artillery. and in the last mission where you have to destroy a whole fort by planting bombs in the underground level where it is filled with gas, you have to put on a gas mask. and that really really reduces your sight.
another mission which i really like the idea is where you have to go under cover, hoister your weapons and get a nazi uniform. and you have to show your (stolen) id when requested.
the reason i said "idea" cause it's the idea that's good. the game didn't really make much use of it. i could just blow my cover and turn into rambo anytime.
the graphics, dunno. running a KYROII so i can't tweak everything to the max. so the graphics is just so so. didn't really impress me like when UT did.
but i thought it promised realistic trees! like in the nvidia tree demo (the one with fireflies)!!! bah!
ghost recon has better sound and out door graphics, IMO.
but if you're looking forward to a good and creative single player, then i say your order's worth every cent... :D

Re: School really really SUCKS!!

Originally posted by poertner_1274
Sorry that you guys all have to listen to me, but I thought it would be better than venting in other ways.
not to worry, pal. i'll be having my physics test this saturday too. and i'm getting this feeling that it's gonna be like yours... :eek:

Well now that I have got that off my chest I think I am going to go play MOHAA, which is obviously what I should have done all day yesterday, instead of getting ready for that impossible test.
that's exactly what i'm gonna do... not MOHAA, but CM (after i got my rig to successfully dual boot 2K & ME... ;) )

Originally posted by Ai Hate
single player is great. the missions are very creative. even better than HL, IMO.

The game is very, very good and in my opinion, better than Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I do not, however, think it is anywhere near the play of Half-Life's seamless game play. Graphically it is much better than HL, and on par with RtCW.

thief problem

Thanks for that Mic.......

Finally got it to run, now if I can get my wife to leave me alone long enough on feb 14th I may even get to play it!!!!!lol

Thanks guys.

the Prawn
:grinthumb

Re: thief problem

Originally posted by Honourableprawn
Thanks for that Mic.......

Finally got it to run, now if I can get my wife to leave me alone long enough on feb 14th I may even get to play it!!!!!lol

Thanks guys.

the Prawn
:grinthumb

What? And you are not taking her out for a nice meal, buying her flowers and then spending the night drinking wine and talking to her??

That's what I would do if I had a nice wife of my own.

Unfortunately, Mr. Phantazmm currently married to Ms Computer, Ms Beer and Ms Crap Job. I want a divorce!

You are lucky to be married to a nice person. Turn the computer off and go spend time with her.

Lucky Bar Steward

Thanks Phantasm, i know I'm a lucky bloke, Lovely wife, ( I'll post a picture sometime), nice house and a great rig to play games on, Life is sweeeeet, especially after the valentines gift that earned me mucho brownie points.

Just a shame that everytime I settle down for a game for 15 minutes, I'm asked to hang out the washing!!! (lol)

The perils of marriage eh?!?

Don't worry about the divorce though it'll come soon.......lol

luck
The Prawn;)

I take it your gift for your wife wasn't a computer game then :haha:
Phantasm, you and me sound like we are in slightly different fields but very much the same positions :(
I am sure that won't be the case forever matey :p

Originally posted by Ai Hate
the beach mission and the "sniper's last stand" mission is simply my favorite.
in "sniper's last stand", you get to walk through a destroyed town filled with snipers. and once you walk in the open, BANG, you're shot from nowhere. i usually had to die 3-4 times before i could figure out where the sniper is (and i'm playing in easy mode!). great fun. :D
and these 2 scenes do remind me of the scenes from Enemy At the Gates. ;)
and in some missions, you get to drive tanks, use a binocular to lock the target and send a radio call for artillery. and in the last mission where you have to destroy a whole fort by planting bombs in the underground level where it is filled with gas, you have to put on a gas mask. and that really really reduces your sight.
another mission which i really like the idea is where you have to go under cover, hoister your weapons and get a nazi uniform. and you have to show your (stolen) id when requested.
the reason i said "idea" cause it's the idea that's good. the game didn't really make much use of it. i could just blow my cover and turn into rambo anytime.
the graphics, dunno. running a KYROII so i can't tweak everything to the max. so the graphics is just so so. didn't really impress me like when UT did.
but i thought it promised realistic trees! like in the nvidia tree demo (the one with fireflies)!!! bah!
ghost recon has better sound and out door graphics, IMO.
but if you're looking forward to a good and creative single player, then i say your order's worth every cent... :D

Just be carefull there Ai Hate, I started reading your post but it seemed there were some spoilers in it so I didn't finish... :p

the suspense is killing me........

I'll just checked my copy of MOH:AA is in the post.........grrrrrrrr so near yet so far, btw I've also ordered Ghost Recon, what's the general concensus on that one?

The Prawn ( And wife!!!)

Well I have played it tonight until 6am.
Very addictive and the enemies are much more challenging than the RTCW ones. Good game especially the Omaha beach landing which I thought had been over hyped....
It had not been over hyped. Awesome game ;)

Re: the suspense is killing me........

Originally posted by Honourableprawn
I'll just checked my copy of MOH:AA is in the post.........grrrrrrrr so near yet so far, btw I've also ordered Ghost Recon, what's the general concensus on that one?

The Prawn ( And wife!!!)

Gameplay: Great
You can lean, crouch, lay down, stand up... You can't jump, which would be a nice addition, but I guess you can't have it all. The controls are responsive and fairly realistic. I wish you could recover more quickly after being hit by a bullet though.. Once you get shot it is over because your character refuses to do anything for the next 3 seconds.

Graphics: Great
- Excellent texture details and character models. The maps have a lot of variation and are very scenic. I really pushes my Athlon XP 1500+ and Radeon DDR 64mb quite hard.

Sound: Awesome
Hear bullets whizz by your.. Hear the sound of yourself sloshing in a swap with the fright of grenade cannisters plopping in the water at your 8 o'clock. Rain patters around you.. Gunfire chunks into a piece of wood nearby. It's a sonic wonderland.

Quality: Poor
Get the upgrade patch before you even play it! Especially if you have an older graphics card like the poor little Voodoo3. There are a SLEW of problems with it, which are addressed in the patch.

Difficulty: Very challenging
Humanistic AI, aside from godly shooting abilities, offers a realistic challenge. The AI hunts in packs, runs behind rocks and trees, screams out funny Russian phrases and even sneaks up on your when you aren't looking. I think there's still a bit more tweaking to do for the "ultimate war sim", but Ghost Recon does a very good job.

Multiplayer: Great.
Really fun, lag is minimal. I'm a big fan of cooperative play and Ghost Recon definitely has it. If you are into to deathmatch, it is quite interesting to play. It's very different from Quake III or Unreal Tournament. You rely more off of stealth than brute force.

Fun: Good
It can be tedious because of the difficulty, but I still find myself playing it regularly. If you dig the single player or even if you don't.. Multiplayer is still a blast.

Overall: Really good game. Much better than Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear in my opinion. (Commonly referenced games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back