Front audio jack panel wont disconnect in any way

So I have windows 7 installed on my pc ..... I cant hear any sound from my headphones or speakers whether plugged into the front or rear panel. and also windows shows that there are headphones plugged into the front panel. maybe that's the reason I cant hear any sound....but I tried all possible ways....also disconnected the front panel from the motherboard but still it says its connected.

Yes...I've checked it all....but it really doesnt seem any software problem I think.
if someone is good at hardware and guess what problems could there be in my motherboard

Are your speakers turned on? Is there any volume keys on your keyboard that might have gotten muted? Batteries in your headphone? If so, are they installed correctly/dead?

My speakers are turned on..they'd work on any other device....the volume isnt muted ... my headphones dont have batteries..... and they're installed correctly

Strange, I too have W7 & simply running thru the various possibilities I know of. Your sound card is plugged in properly? Hopefully somebody can help cause I'm out of ideas. :)

Seriously due... I have always solved all problems whatever with my pc...but this one is so strange

I fully understand. I had an unknown device situation on mine & I got it used from a reliable friend. As you can see in that thread, it was finally solved.
I wish you well. :)

You still dont understand...... my windows says headphones are plugged into the front jack....... and all the drivers are ok... I uninstalled and reinstalled it many times..... even when I disconnect the jack from the motherboard... it still shows the same..headphones connected

I fully understand . I was simply using my thread as a possible suggestion/solution.
Be patient. It'll get solved. :)

Back