Front Audio ports won't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdoggy

Ok so I have a Xion Green and Black case, has two Front USB ports(Which were upside down,easily fixed) and a front audio port, a headphone and mic jack. Well it's all plugged in right, but it's 100% not working... any ideas?

if you recently made a fresh OS install,

1. install the sound driver (comes with the mainboard CD)
2. go to BIOS & enable your onboard sound.
3. please get a windows update.

ok,you may want to re-check the pin-connectors of your
front audio port cables/wires going to your motherboard.

What motherboard do you have? Some will only send a signal to one port, unless you turn one off and activate the other. Read your motherboard manual and any help files to the software that your sound card uses.

I wasn't suggesting that you have a wireless audio port :/. Here is Dictionary.com's definition of the word "signal":

Electronics. an electrical quantity or effect, as current, voltage, or electromagnetic waves, that can be varied in such a way as to convey information.

I have not read your entire motherboard manual (which you can download here), however considering the fact that you initially attached them improperly perhaps this applies to you:

This connector supports either HD (High Definition) or AC97 front panel audio module. If you wish to use the front audio function, connect the front panel audio module to this connector. Check the pin assignments carefully while you connect the front panel audio module. Incorrect connection between the module and connector will make the audio device unable to work or even damage it. For optional front panel audio module, please contact your chassis manufacturer.

I would strongly suggest that you read the entire manual, ensure that you have your front panel connectors attached properly and then double check any software configurations for your sound devices.

Everything checks out, it seems to recognize the front ports but it doesn't show up when I plug anything into them

You may need to reload or update the audio driver if the audio cables are properly connected and configured

Depends on what type of front panel audio module your case has (CPU chassis),
HD module or AC’97 module.

You can contact your chassis manufacturer.

HD module is totally different with AC’97 module PIN connections.
Otherwise it wont work if not compatible.

Pls refer to your mainboard’s manual,page 23. pin connections (HD & AC'97)

By default, the audio driver is configured to support HD Audio.
Refer to your mainboard’s manual,page 80 for the software settings
of your front audio panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back