Front audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i got a computer case from a friend and i put it all together but i can find the right pinout diagram for the front audio....the wires leading to my motherboard from the front panel are all single wires that have to be plugged in one by one but there are only seven seperate wires instead of nine to hook up...the are labeled as follows...
yellow-mic bias
pink -mic in
green-spkout R
white -spkout L
black -ground
grey -return R
blue -return L

any help figuring it out will be greatly appreciated

I suggest going to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the motherboard manual. It should have the pinout diagram. That would be best. The second best would be ANY current motherboard manual with onboard sound. Most motherboards have a standard audio pin layout since many, if not most, cases have a single combined front panel audio connector. Case manufacturers couldn't do this unless motherboard makers had standard pin layouts.

This might or might not apply to Dell PCs, however. I just don't know. Dell audio pin layouts could be proprietary for all I know. I note that you did not state your motherboard brand and model.

tried

ok well i tried all that to no avail....actually i ended up doing two things....one i almost melted the ground wire...it got really hot and deformed...and two ended up restarting my computer instantly.....so no luck yet...any more suggestions?

When you say, "no avail," do you mean you couldn't find the manuals?

no i found them but did no good they didnt even show anything....i have an intel board....and i found the pinouts for intels but didnt work and then when i tried them those two scenarios occured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back