Front Panel not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexyboy123

The Audio front panel (where you plug head sets) on my PC is not working. I have a IN9 32X-MAX Wi-Fi MB and am using a Xcilo Windtunnel Extreme Case. I plugged the cable (from the case) marked Audio into the the
FP-Audio1 socket in my board, I assume this is correct? I have updated the Realtek drivers (AC'97 Audio Codecs?) but the front panel nor Realtek HD Audio Manager register the head set (Creative HS-390, free with WiC Collectors Edition) however the head set works if plugged into the backpanel...whats going wrong?

Examine your board. Trace the connections from non-working external socket. It is likely that is no cable going to the socket on the motherboard, or there is no cable from the optical drive to the correct port or socket. There are usually two to four ports for audio on the motherboard. There are also two to four ports on the audio card if you are using a PCI Audio card. On some boards, those cables must be connected by a very thin cable with special plugs on each end.

I assume you have already examined all the possibilities in the Control Panel.

I failed to mention this is a home built computer and I'm running Vista.

What I gathered from the Control panel is that the MB isnt detecting the front sockets.

Just to be clear... I connected this cable

to this socket on my board
mbrs0.th.jpg

and I don't appear to have any other audio connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back