FrontPage 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm new to the internet and to forums. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but here it goes. I am trying to buiks a site with FrontPage2002. I am not familar with web designs so I'm learning by the seat of my pants. The site is under development and not yet complete. I beleive I have a good web hosting service that support FronyPage extensions. I recently published a test page to see how it would look and test the links. I used Ineternet Explorer, Fire Fox and Opera.

The site links for the category and top search bar hane not been link. It seems that the links work on IE. When I test the links on Fire Fox and Opera browsers the only links that work are the banner links. the feature links seem to be block. I built featured merchant links in an Add Text button on FrontPage to make them look better than just floating on the lead page.As I said all the links work in IE. I need help, if anyone knows how I can fix this problem or were I can get help to fix this problem.:confused:

Thanks,

tagman2001

AFAIK, FrontPage is just evil. it seems that is your friend until it mesess all up for you and you will end up trying other things.
Everybody says that Dreamweaver is the best. You could try Nvu, it's nice and free, but the development is a little...gone, so you can try this. Another nice tool is Microsoft's Expression Web Designer.
I am sorry I can't help you with your exact problem, but since you just starting to learn you should try everything.
Happy...learning?!

Peace out!

Whatever you do with Microshaft's Frontpage, will only ever look good when you use IE.
On any other browser you will have problems, because M$ does not follow even the basic HTML conventions.
Dump that piece of M$-crap, get yourself an editor that highlights HTML elements (such as EditPadPro or similar), get a book on HTML and start from there.

Much better that you never even use this godawful piece of malware and really learn from scratch.
Forget about Dreamweaver, too steep a learning curve.
Use Firefox and get the extensions "Web Developer" and "HTML Validator", they are extremely useful.

Hm, I'd teach myself HTML and CSS code and write them with a text editor instead of using big graphical applications where you don't know what kind of code they're writing and how compatible it will be.

I would like to thank everyone for your help. If you have any other thoughts about building a site please post. I believe the first thing I need to do is pick up a good book on HTML and learn the rules as RealBlackStuff mentioned. This stuff is so new to me I feel like a little children learning all over. If anyone has a particular book the would be helpful and simple to follow please email.

One more question does anyone have any thoughts on NAMO 2006 web designer? Thanks again.:)

tagman2001

"HTML for the world wide web", 5th edition by Elizabeth Castro
Published by Peachpit Press ( www.peachpit.com )
ISBN 0-321-13007-3

"Javascript for the World Wide Web", by Tom Negrino and Dori Smith
5th Edition
Peachpit Press, ISBN 0-321-19439-X

Those books will teach you everything from scratch in an easy-going way, full of exaples and links for download and/or trying out.

Both those books have been my 'bibles' since I started 4 years ago.

As to a web-designer program: YOU are the designer, not some bleedin' piece of software!

Realblackstuff,

I purchased the books you recommended and read them. They are a great help to me. Thank you recommending those great books.

tagman2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back