Frozen programs and multiple processes... help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having trouble with atleast two programs not opening up all of the way in W2K (all current updates have been installed). I first noticed this with the CD burning program Nero. The smart-start nero program pops up fine, but when I click on "burn a music CD" nothing happens. For every time that I click "burn a music cd" a new process of nero.exe opens up in Task Mgr. By the way, NONE of these processes can be ended in Task Mgr either. It gives the error msg "This program cannot be closed, if it is being debugged please resume it or close the debugger first."

I have un-installed and re-installed Nero serveral times with the same results. I have also seen a similar problem with a bit-torrent program I use called BitComet. When clicking a torrent link to download, it freezes as well. It actually opens the BitComet program up, but nothing happens beyond there. The same error message comes up if I try to terminate the process in Task Mgr. I have also run multiple virus and spyware scans just to be safe.

A few other details from Event Viewer....

Windows cannot unload your registry file. If you have a roaming profile, your settings are not replicated. Contact your administrator.

DETAIL - Access is denied. , Build number ((2195)).

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2. (I HAVE A TON OF THESE).

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

dazed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back