FrozenCPU Mod'd Chenming Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it is a bit much for the price. I love that case but I wont pay $170 for a case. FrozenCPU are a great company thought. Excellend customer support, packaging, selection, etc. Prices are a bit higher than most but you never regret paying. I have probably bought 20-25 different things from them.

On top of what I've said, I got to LAN parties once, even twice a week this summer and I'm looking for an awesome looking case that probably no one has... alot of my friends have those antecs and chieftecs and thermaltakes... it'd be cool to have a different one that looks sweet.

Now, do you think I should still buy it? I mean I'm dying to but I need opinions here.

Oh yeah, Nic, thanks for the articles but not exactly what I had in mind.

If you really like it, then go ahead and buy it. It will last you a long time, through several upgrades, and you wouldn't want to put up with something you don't like for that long. For LAN parties, it is a bit large, and you probably won't thank yourself after you've been moving it around for a while.

Try this for size, complete with all the mods ...

Globalwin

Pretty expensive. I m sure there are plenty cheaper ones out there. If you want originality, you could do buy the mods and fix it yourself.

I would say a good idea would be to get one of the smaller cases, that is durable, and then just mod it yourself so that it is original, since that is what you want. That is what I would personally do in your position.

You know, I've just got the best idea! See my stepdad owns a steel manufacturing/welding/assembly company and I remember he used to make cases, hoho, I think I've scored!

All I've got to do is buy the window kits and accessories to mod this sucker.

Oh yeah, Nic, that case you provided a link for, it's alright. However, the things I dislike about that style is that:

1) Shiny/glossy on the front, really kills your eyes when the drive bays/cd roms aren't.
2) Silver... silver doesn't good good with white drive bays/cd roms, plus, there are very few silver ones and on top of that even fewer glossy ones.

Overall, it's an awesome case. If those two probs were fixed I'd buy it. I'm all for the looks, LAN parties man!

To be honest I don't like that case, in the link I posted, much either. I'm not a big fan of side windows with fans in them, and as you say the silver colour is difficult to match with so few cdrom drives available in that colour (though you can swap the front panels of most cdrom drives). Really, it was just a cheaper alternative with similar features.

For LAN parties what you really need is one of these ...

Shuttle SNG45G

Due to lack of expansion optons, its not to good for much else unfortunately.

LOL! Ugh. It's supposed to look flashy and awesome!

Oh yeah, any of you ever bought from http://www.cuttingedgecasemods.com ? They seem pretty good, I found a same exact style of case that I wanted from FrozenCPU but in ALUMINUM for $195. Their place is down south from me, about a 2 hour drive so the shipping is LESS than $200 ($8 for the case and about 10 other things) plus the cost of the case (about $500 for a stinkin case!), what FrozenCPU wanted.

Have any of you ever bought from http://www.cuttingedgecasemods.com ?

A bit skeptical because the site isn't that organized.

You could always go with an acrylic case. They are expensive but hardly no one has them. You would definately be one of the few to have a case like that.

Is there any way a theif can take advantage of your credit card and give himself money? Like say you see an online site, but it's all a scam (and you don't know it), can you lose money on it? Is it potentially dangerous? Can they do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back