Fujitsu T900 tablet, UH900 UMPC reach the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

In December, an FCC listing exposed Fujitsu's LifeBook T900 convertible tablet, but details were limited to a processor and chipset. The system has now launched in North America and Fujitsu's base "recommended configuration" starts at $1,889.

At that price you get a 13.3-inch WXGA LED display with active digitizer, an Intel Core i5-520M and integrated graphics, 2GB of DDR3 1066MHz, a 160GB 5400RPM HDD, a DVD burner, gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, a webcam and mic, a six-cell battery, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit or 64-bit.

Other niceties are also mentioned, such as fingerprint security, a user-cleanable dust filter, and a spill-resistant keyboard. Upgrades include a capacitive multitouch display, a 3.33GHz Core i7-620M, up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 500GB 5400RPM, 320GB 7200RPM, or 128GB SSD for storage, which could easily drive the price beyond $3,000.

Fujitsu's UH900 UMPC has also landed in North America, around two months after its Asian release.

The device offers a 5.6-inch 1280x800 multitouch display, a 1.6GHz Atom, 2GB of DDR2 533MHz RAM, a webcam, Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, a two-cell battery, and Windows 7 Home Premium. For $850, it ships with a 64GB SSD, but a 32GB edition will reportedly be available.

Permalink to story.

The UH900 UMPC reminds me of a pocket dictionary I had 15 years ago. Why not use a monitor that actually fits the outer frame?

UH900 UMPC, too much bezel. As Wendig0 states, if the form factor gives so much free room around the screen, why not to use it?

hey, its the iPAd .. .but with functionallity! Great! But agree with the bezel. Its like the Asus Ee PV .. why the small screen in a "big" lid"?

Pretty good spec on the UH900, and it was expected to be pricier, so I find it an attractive buy. Still, I read a comment from a user that the screen has a yellow tinge, and I don't like the front facing USB slots. Other than that it could be a nice replacement for my Fujitsu P1510D.

Fujitsu USA website says that they already have the high capacity
battery for the UH900 as an accessory. No picture though, so we
do not know how thick or ugly it might be.
But I agree with the screen size, they should have used a bigger
screen...such a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back