Full disk at 13.6 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

marygg

The computer I'm working on says it has 13.6 GB of used disk and 309 MG of free. The Vaio case says it has a 120 GB hard disk. I deleted some programs but I haven't been able to delete enough to run defrag or check disk. Is there a program I can run from a flash drive that will help? Or perhaps one to transfer files to the other internal hd or an external one? Also system tools doesn't have backup listed.

Here are two programs to remove temp files:
CCleaner (Note this is the "portable" version)
TFC

Also Jdiskreport
Provides a graphical and "drill-down" view of your disk usage. It also supports multiple ways to view your usage (e.g. by folder, by file type, ascending or descending order, top 50 file sizes, etc)

JdiskReport shows only 15.6 GB on the hard drive. Defrag still won't run. I'm really confused.

Your one large physical hard drive may have been divided into smaller "partitions". Rt click My Computer->Manage, click Disk Management. Look at Disk 0 in the lower part of the window.

Disk 0 is the physical size. Do you see it split into partitions?

I just got to that point and yes it looks like the disk was partitioned into C: and D:
13.97 GB NTFS and 100.52 GB NTFS. That would total what the disk should be. So, how do I delete the D: partition?

First make sure there's nothing on D: you actually need. (Do you know who/why it was created?)

You can use EASUS Partition Master is pretty straight forward to use (note you must click the APPLY button before it actually commits your changes to the disk)

So, I can't just right click and delete? That is one nifty program. It worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm so happy. You guys are great. Can't say thanks enough.

umm.. maybe... i just happen to use EASUS tool for most all my partitioning needs. It provides more options/functionality then windows disk management....

and about to call it a night here.. so will have to check back on how ur doin tomorrow.. nite!:zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back