Full of Malware, virus and who knows whatever else

By fluffykitten
Feb 1, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am working on a fairly new laptop bought about 6 months ago running Windows XP.

Usually myself I just do a clean install when I have problems like this, and really I my expertise is not in software, I am just a noc admin so this is kind of stuff is, haven't done it in a while so trying to crash course myself in it real fast.

I am going to follow your laid out steps, they seem pretty good and I will report logs .
    8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Just having the system in idle, went to blue screen - just saying is there hope still following the 8-step removal instructions..

currently I am removing all the unnecessary software the owner had before and going to reinstall another version of McAfee internet security 2009 since I have a license for it for another year. The current version of AVS was out of date.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.