Funny Question

yyiiyyii

if it is 0 degress outside today and tomorrow it will be twice as cold, then how cold with it be outside tomorrow?

Funny Answer.....

Is that 0 degrees Farenheit or Centigrade? Why is it correct to pluralize "zero" in this case?

It will be -1 degrees i think because if it's 1 degrees and it is twice as cold tomorow it will be 0 degrees right ? And -1 degrees is 1 before 0 degrees and 0 degrees is one 0 degrees is one before 1 degrees.
Do you know the answer yyiiyyii?

If .........this is Tuesday......Then.....

Zero times zero is zero. Zero plus zero is zero, in decimal math. even in binary math.

We can only hope that M$ will come up with a hot patch to fix it. Me, I'll be holding my breath every Tuesday until they do! .....NOT......!

Trivia: Books have been written about the number zero. I'm trying to remember the names, but I'm coming up with nothing.., nada..., zip...., love....,zilch!

Sounds like a statement some weather man made. Probably about how well he predicts the weather also.

You can't get 'twice as cold' anyway. There is only heat and absense of heat, you don't double the coldness, but you can half the heat energy. So in that case it would be 127.69K if your original scale was fahrenheit, 136.58K if the original scale was celcius. Neither of which are even naturally obtainable temperatures on Earth.

If your original scale was K then its impossible.

Way,Way Overpriced.........

yyiiyyii said:
u have to convert the tempature to calvin and then double that then convert it back

I think "Calvin" is that designer guy who's trying to get his name on everybody's underwear. Anyway, he makes jeans as well. Brooke Shields used to say, (in his commercials for those jeans), "nothing comes between me and my Calvins". So, at the time apparently, she wasn't wearing the Calvin guys underwear also. Now here's my question, if Brooke didn't have any panties on, does that make her twice as cold, or you twice as hot? :haha:

You could always ask her if she would mind you inserting a thermometer into her jeans to find out? But then you would have to explain why, so maybe not.....

Pardon me, this wil only take a minute.......

AlbertLionheart said:
You could always ask her if she would mind you inserting a thermometer into her jeans to find out? But then you would have to explain why, so maybe not.....

Do you you think that the army's "don't ask, don't tell" policy could be adapted to this situation? :blush:

Don't bring up the "Mice" - "Mouse" debate, or is that mouses or mices?

Anyway I asked my 10yo Son and he said it's still zero. So that's that.
Mind you this is all on the assumption that 1 exists (the basis of all maths)

yyiiyyii said:
does it mater if you say 0 or 1 degree or degrees

No. Look at my original response, that should tell you that it doesn't matter what your starting temp is called.

0 °C is 273.15K, half of which is 136.58, which is -136.58 °C.
If is feels twice as cold, it will be twice as far below the normal temperature of the surface of your skin as it is at freezing, which varies from person to person but averages around -20°C.

I'm finally starting to understand this ****........

Since the reciprocal of 2 times is 1/2, let me rephrase the question, If it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, does that mean it will also be half as hot?:haha:

It would depend on whether you are referring to the ACTUAL temperature, or the temperature percieved by us, In which case you would need to factor in the rate at which our bodies cool etc etc.

Perceived is as if standing naked in the middle of an area of still air after a fixed period without central heating? Daft - I put some clothes on and it is still too cold/

AlbertLionheart said:
I have run out of heating oil - how cold is that?
Well around every dark cloud there's a silver lining.....won't have to worry about your sys. overheating for awhile.

Back