Fury, Annie leak online in wake of Sony Picture hack

1. Just over a week after hackers infiltrated Sony Picture Entertainment's computer network, effectively bringing the company to a standstill, DVD-quality rips of at least five of the studio's newest films have been leaked online, although there is no confirmation that...

Read more
  2. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie TS Booster Posts: 62   +29

So all these unreleased movies were just sitting there unencrypted on an internet connected system? Wow Sony...
    S_Brideau and cliffordcooley like this.
  3. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

Yep, stealing IP were a lot of money is invested is a crime [not sarcasm]. Sometimes I don't understand the reasons of some hackers' actions, but anyone is free of doing what they want if they're capable of.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,406   +457

So if someone is capable of breaking into your house and killing your whole family, they're free to do so?

Flawless logic.
    SantistaUSA and cliffordcooley like this.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

That does resemble leaving the bank's vault door open.
  6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,368   +2,157

I think what he meant to say (but failed to articulate) is that if nefarious individuals can do something, they probably will.

Thus, no one is "free" to break into your house and kill your family. But, if they do, it rather adequately demonstrates that they can, no?
  7. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

That's not where my logic was going. Everyone is actually free to do what they want, consequences come later, may be punishment or not. Freedom of choice and action doesn't imply moral or legal correctness; and it's limited to what you're actually capable of. I'm free to climb the Everest or punch a glass with my bare fist; but I may die in the first case due to lack of physical preparation or get cut on the latter.