TechSpot

FX-57 released today

By Tedster
Jun 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMD released the FX-57 today. It will be interesting to see the benchmarks.

:stickout:
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

Yea that should be a smoker...

Sean
  3. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 1,595

When it came to most games and single-threaded performance benchmarks, it absolutely crushed. (thg link)

However it is not surprising to see AMD X2's and Dual Core P4's trouncing it in apps that can take advantage of dual-core goodness.

I'm hoping that the release of the FX and the X2 will drive lower end FX's way down in price in about 6 months.
  4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

Amen to that. I want at least an AMD so i can take my p4 and throw it out the window.

Sean
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Topic Starter Posts: 10,074   +13

looking at the benchmarks, there really isn't that much of a difference between the 55 and 57, just a smidgen more in speed. But the price is way out there. I don't think it would be cost effective for someone to upgrade, however, I first time builder would be impressed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.