1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

FX 5700 LE Video out

By gremlin007 ยท 5 replies
Aug 16, 2005
  1. Hey Im having problems with my video output. The colors are all funky and the screen is curvy on my tv. I downladed the latest drivers from NVidia but it didn't help. I dont know how to fix this problem. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

this can easily be caused by magnetic interference. check for anything in the vicinity of said tv that might be a cause (namely magnets).

3. gremlin007

gremlin007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried moving the Tv around, bringing it closer to the computer and still nothing. could it be that my video card is busted? btw thanks for the quick reply. :bounce:

4. no help here
    just figured i'd let you know i have the same card but ve(memory dif??)
    i plug my svidio plug into an av plug the other end to my tv and walla it looks great
    in fact better than my flatscreen which i totaly don't get
    considering a monitors dot pitch has always been better

i did have to do some settings in the nvidia roll out menu
    color and resolution and make it i think not span and not the same(sorry forgot) it lets you have seperate desk tops(backgrounds)

res cant be more than monitor if it happens to let u when you unplug the tv
    and the res is to high your sol till you get a monitor that can see the settings to reset it

don't remember much i know i did a overlay with digital vibrance set at 100%(i'm colerblind) sure looked preety to me

good luck man

ps is your tv old what year is it :knock: :knock: :knock:

5. gremlin007

gremlin007 TS Rookie Topic Starter

My TV is not that old. The thing is it used to work for a while until I installed Inter WinDVD on my computer. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the drivers and everything but it didn't work so I reformatted my computer . Still not better so now I dont know what to do.

6. if windvd made it not work i would assume the files are in the registry and have not been uninstalled like the est of the app

it sounds like possably a driver or conflict issue
    or maybe a sharred librairy .dll

let me install windvd and compare files and folders after uninstall

i'll let u know

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.