Fx 8350 overclocking

Hamfish

Hey I was just wondering what sort of overclocks I will be able to get with a sabertooth 990fx r2 and a noctua nh d14. I am also new to overclocking so I am wanting to overclock safely to start off with

Well as an owner of an FX-8350 gaming rig and loving overclocking, ill let you in on my system and how its been under my tested overclocks and such (Bear in mind, each chip is different)

I am using the Crosshair V-Z board by Asus so we both have the 990fx chipset and we will probably see similar results at least where the board is concerned. Though I am on liquid which will make things a little harder since your on air, but heres how im doing.

I have mine currently 24/7 at 4.7ghz (I have played with higher, but im still working on it for fun)
Temps Range ~28 idle to ~60 Celcius full load (Thats with video cards in my loop also producing heat)

Now I have my voltage currently set at 1.45 to achieve this overclock of 4.7ghz though that maybe a bit high on air cooling. I would stay no higher than 1.425 on the Noctua to keep temps down and no more than a 4.5ghz overclock on all 8 cores because the heat might get a little high. On the Core temp monitors, going above 60 on each core is considered running warm with 70 being hot. I think the thermal monitoring will not let the cores run above 70 (ill have to re-look that up, its not knowlege I keep on me).

Make sure when doing this to just kick turbo off because it can cause issues ive seen. If you want more advice on exact number, I can let you know some more, but for now I hope this help you in your journey!

Thanks for the help I'll try for 4.5 but I'll start off with 4.3 then 4.4 and if they bost are good ill try for 4.5 thanks

Back