FX5200 128mb Magic compatibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I was wondering if there was someone who knew or someone who could point me to place to learn that would tell me if the Asus GF FX5200 128mb AGP card is compatible with my older gigabyte motherboard (GA - 7XIE4)

Merci!

Thanks for the reply.

I was coming back to post that I found that as well.

However, I have been told by someone (although they werent 100% sure) that the AGP port on the MoBo supports 3.3v and that the standard for AGP 2.0 (used in FX5200 cards) was using 1.5v

Or is he reading too much into this.

Those are to do with the AGP 2x, 4x, 8x standards. That board supports all of these so no problem.

Well, the tech guy at the store I go to said the same thing about the voltage. He wasn’t 100% sure though.

So he sold me the card and wrote on the purchase order that he is unsure of the compatibility and they will waive the 15% restocking fee if I need to return it.

They should get it in thursday so I’ll be testing it out thursday night or friday night. I’ll post here if it worked out.

Thanks again for the replies.

I hope you guys are still checking this thread. I'm curious if you got the FX5200 to work on the 7IXE4 motherboard. I want to upgrade to a DirectX 9 compatible video card, but have concerns about the voltage. Gigabyte doesn't specify whether the board has an AGP 1.0 or AGP 2.0 compatible slot.

I would be curious if anyone has had any luck with a GeForce FX5200 or RADEON 9600 or faster graphics card on this motherboard.

Please reply if you have. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back