Not open for further replies.
how can i get to the cpu multiplier and change it on my mobo
or....
what settings can i get away with??

rite now i changed the stuff to

bus 200/400
cpu, its an amd 2500+ @ 3200+

ive used ALL of my limited knowledge. need lots more Help:grinthumb

Depending on the week of manufacture of your 2500+ chip it may have its multipliers locked, AMD decided to limit the overclockability of the chip by doing this. If they are adjustable it should be an option in your BIOS ("Press DEL to enter setup" etc).

I had a quick look at your boards PDF manual from the gigabyte site and I didn't see any bios option for multiplier in it. :(
You could check www.gigabyte.com.tw and see if the option is added with a new bios version.

thanx for going to that much trouble m8

they shoulda made it less sh1t by adding somthing like that in. guess i'll research my next mobo rather than going with the one the shop gives me

is there anyway i can push my pc past a 3200+ without it crashing(this happens after changing the bios and rebooting)?

Well from all I can find out about that motherboard's chipset (SiS 748), It doesn't seem to have a PCI/AGP lock. Which means once you start raising the fsb higher than 200 the PCI and AGP clock speeds will be raised too and depending on how tolerant your PCI devices and AGP card are of out of spec clock speeds you might be able to overclock another 10-20 fsb. Any more than that and I'm afraid your likely to start seeing system instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back