Gaim MSN protocol Problems. (noob)

By KindledSpirit
Jun 11, 2005
  1. Ello, i am running Red hat Enterprise 4 AS. I am a complete and utter noob to Linux. I don't even know how to compile tar.gz or run rpm files properly.

I have an old MSN account that Gaim accepts and logs in but my new account the one i normally use gets as far in as sending my password and crashes. I believe this is because of the MSNP9 but i was lead to believe that it came with GAIM 0.69 or higher I have Gaim 1.04 i believe (back on windows Distro atm.)

I also have problems opening certain websites mainly the hotmail one at the moment which is really annoying.

I'm running my broadband through a router. If you need anything else then let me know.

thanks in advance
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

The latest version of Gaim is 1.3.1. Get that before trying anything else - many MSN bugs have been fixed since 1.0.

There is also a good MSN client called aMSN:
  3. KindledSpirit

KindledSpirit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

ok going to be a major pain in the behind but how do i install it?
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Redhat comes with a utility called yum that will automagically install and upgrade packages for you. Read up on that as this will be the simplest method for you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.