Game crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished building my custom gaming pc, my connections are all right and my PCs temp is low but whenever I try to play Battlefield 1942 or Homeworld 2 it works perfectly for about a minute then either locks up, restarts my system or goes to a blue screen that occasionly has info on it that is only up for about a second so I don't have time to read it. All my drivers are up to date so what could be the problem? Any help would be greatly apriciated. Thanks. PS all my system specs are on my profile.

Nice System :D ...You're running Windows XP right?

Also has the system had a different video card in it before this one?

Check for IRQ conflicts(Right Click on My computer, click Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager)

Couple other things, do you have the latest AGP driver for that motherboard?

And perhaps try setting your AGP to 4x instead of 8x...heard of some issues with certain mobos and the 9800XT at 8x..

Never had another video card in it, just built the system this week, no conflicts, will try to find AGP drivers and how do I change the AGP from 4x to 8x?

When you first start up the computer, Hold the delete Key and enter the BIOS. Somewhere in there you should be able to change AGP from 8x to 4x

Found the problem, one of my two ram stick is bad, I'm running of one and it all works fine. Just need to send it back is all. Thank you for all your help.

Originally posted by WNightbirdW
Found the problem, one of my two ram stick is bad, I'm running of one and it all works fine. Just need to send it back is all. Thank you for all your help.

Well glad you found your problem! Welcome to Techspot! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back