Game freeze problem

I've got a Lenovo Laptop, i7 processor, NVIDIA GTX 970 Graphics card, 8 Gb RAM and lately I've been having this problem, where games such as WoW, LoL, Paladins and CS:GO, which are played through the internet (online) freeze and do not entirely disable Ctrl+alt+del and alt+tab;
, but they dont work as they normally do. I tried putting them in windowed mode, so I could at least see if it's my laptop's problem or its the games. Task Manager cannot kill their tasks and soon after, the ability to shut down or restart the laptop is disabled. On the other hand, games like Mafia III, which I play offline, and is a game from 2016, with high requirements, can run 24/7 (therefore it isn't a heating problem). I've never seen such a problem, neither have my friends, and if you have any ideas on fixing his, please respond, I don't want to format it just yet.

Bufferbloat?!? "Bufferbloat is the undesirable latency that comes from a router or other network equipment buffering too much data. It is a huge drag on Internet performance created, ironically, by previous attempts to make it work better. The one-sentence summary is “Bloated buffers lead to network-crippling latency spikes.” "

If this is it, I do not know how to cure it - something about reducing size of buffers, but it may be more of an ISP issue.

jobeard may know.

Bufferbloat?!? "Bufferbloat is the undesirable latency that comes from a router or other network equipment buffering too much data. It is a huge drag on Internet performance created, ironically, by previous attempts to make it work better. The one-sentence summary is “Bloated buffers lead to network-crippling latency spikes.” "

If this is it, I do not know how to cure it - something about reducing size of buffers, but it may be more of an ISP issue.

jobeard may know.
Not necessarily high latency; the latency, on the other hand, is not a problem at all, which surprises me. The game just simply freezes and does not respond anymore, nor can the task be killed thru the task manager. Soon after, as I mentioned, the whole PC loses functions such as "Shut Down, Restart" etc.

So in effect you are saying that there is a rogue process involved in online playing which generates something like a memory leak that swamps the OS - breaking lots of rules, so maybe it is "not nice".

If I faced that, I would be trying an assortment of malware scanners while I would run SFC and re-install (in my case) Steam.

Back