Hi, new here so be easy on the burns.

Specs:
ASUS p5n
conroe e6600 2.4ghz
Geil 1 gb ram (2x512)
Coolermaster liquid cooling
EVGA 7900gt
atx 450w power supply

So i'm playing WoW or warcraft 3 FT and after about 2-5 mins my comp freezes or crashes. It's not a heat issue cuz I'm running at 28 C during games. I was thinking maybe it is the default settings in the mobo. Not sure how volts should go in each component. btw, this all happened when i tried to overclock (which this mobo sucks at doing) and i set all my settings back to default. It's been like this ever since. Any help is much appreciated.

Welcome to Techspot!

First off, how did you go about resetting your default bios settings after the overclock attempt? If you haven't already, I'd recommend using the cmos reset jumper on your motherboard (read your manual to find out how to do this). If you haven't tried this already, that's the first thing you should do, then post back and let us know.

If you have already tried this, let me know and we'll take it from there.

Well I set my settings all back to default through the main menu of the bios. As for resetting the jumper on my the motherboard, I only see a jumper free configuration tab. I've look in the manual and can't find it.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

What about your 450W PSU? What brand is it? How many amperes does it have on the +12V rail?

Check the sticker attached to the PSU, and let us know :)

Regards :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back