Game glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirion

Ok, whenever i play any recent game i have glitches all over the screen, i dont know hwo to explain them but it can look like pixels dieing to half the screen glitching. It doesn't go black or die out, game play continues just the screen distorts. This happens with several games, ive updated directx and video card doesnt seem to be overheating. My computer ran the games fine last week, and has been running them fine for months, i have added new memory but the issues still persist even with new memory out. Is there a program i can use to check my video card or memory? Could spyware/virus have corrupted my DirectX files? The problem is only in games, my computer can be on for days and wont black out or lose video. Ive had the computer off for a few hours and powered back on and went straight to the games and had the same problem, i currently have 5 (4x80, 1x120) case fans and my case runs pretty cool. could there be a power issue? I'm running a 450W PS, but its some no-name generic one. Sorry for all the questions but i'm just annoyed because i cant figure this out, and i dont have spare parts to try to swap out.

*Forgot to mention im running: Sapphire 9800 pro, 2G dual channel DDR 400, P4 3.0 HT, 250GB SATA, 2xCD/DVD Roms/RW, and the 5 case fans. 2 of the case fans are getting power off the motherboard thru 3 pin connectors, just in case that could cause problems as well.

On your computer click start then click run and type in dxdiag. On the first screen it will say ur memory and on the top click on display and it will say ur graphics memory.

I know my card is a 128mb card, is that what your talking about ot are you talking about apg apeture size? thats also at 128. Im not at my computer currently.

You wanted to find out whats is ur memory well you can find out that way. And what I think is wrong, is that something in ur computer is gliched.. maybe im wrong.

i thought the same thing but the problem persist even with old memory removed. Thats why i was hopeing someone new a way to test my memory or video card, i'll try 3DMark06 when i get home btu i dont know a way to check for memory leaks. Any tips on how to find out what could be glitching my system? like i said its only in games, and newer ones, i cant see any other problems with my computer. Games ive tried are FFXI, Battle for Middle Earth, WoW, C&C Generals, those are the ones i can think of off top of head.

You should try to reinstall your computer maybe that wiill take the glitch away. But before you do that make sure that the memory is hard in the motherboard, because when people put their memory in their motherboard it kinda of hangs out and messes up. Make sure that the two clips that hold the memory are atually closed holding the memory in place. But if it is then you should reinstall your computer, maybe it will take it away. Because it can be a virus.

reformatted no good, but i had 2 fans hooked up to the motherboard directly on 3 pin connectors, removed those and it have cut down 99% now i only see it once in a blue moon. Think this is Power issues or the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back