TechSpot

Game keeps freezing(help!)

By Hisa
Dec 15, 2003
  1. This may not be related to games , but whenever i play WC3 or SWG or desert combat mod for bf1942 or any other game for that matter , my game freezes but it doesnt freeze forever , after about 30 seconds of freezing my computer recovers and i can play the game normaly again , and it keeps doing it .

I have a p4 2.0ghz 500 mb ram , gf 4 ti 4600 windows xp . I havent updated by windows yet so im gonna try that . Please help:(

2. UncleGemboel

UncleGemboel TS Rookie Posts: 47

Try update your vga driver, and close any background apps before running your games. Hope help!

3. Shiney

Shiney TS Enthusiast Posts: 223

Check your virtual memory settings. Is the hard drive running when the game freezes?

4. agrav8r

agrav8r TS Rookie Posts: 103

Do you have auto update on, or auto update on your virus protection? They will eat up memory. XP eats alot as well so your 500 is prob closer to 250-300 with only the os running. If you get free mem that may help as well.

5. Hisa

Hisa TS Rookie Topic Starter

Everything is running fine except for the game , it freezes for 40 seconds and pics up right were i left off , im gonna try lowering my virtual memory see if that helps

6. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

Try playing with the side of your case off..maybe your ti4600 is overheating?

7. Hisa

Hisa TS Rookie Topic Starter

yea im gonna try that

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.