Status
Not open for further replies.
Puter spec's
mobo-Asus M2N-E SLI
Videocard-Nvidia 8500GT
Dualcore AMD 4000+
1gig ram
450watt p/s

I play soldier of fortune alot I built this box about 6 wks ago it played super great for about 3-1/2 wks and then the lag started
Every thing is blury in the game real bad in high action/fast moving
I have replaced the video card the cpu and the mobo and tested the memory the best I could
I have installed the optimizer from AMD
I have seen many ppl having the same problem with simular games but I have yet seen a solution to fix it
They just post that they fixed it
can someone plz help (kinda tired of getting pwn'd)

Nope just have avg antivirus
It dosn't seem to matter I have closed everything in the system tray and it still does the same
I even have the graphices turned down to the lowest settings

Well you stated that its fast moving action. I dont think your card and 1G of ram can handle the frame rates if you have high details on. Or maybe even low details. Have you tried using lowest details? Maybe with the update or if things were added it may have changed the way your card responds to the interface.

Download the free version of O&O Defrag Pro 10 and see what it says for defragmention %.

I turn off all AV, and anything else that runs in the system tray during game play. In your case don't set the max for video display if the card can't handle it. You might want to beef-up the RAM to the max. 1GB on AVG leaves about 700 to 600MB free. Once these large games get loaded that will drop to 400-300MB free. Even with 1GB / 512MB you will have around 1GB free. 2GB 1.4GB free.

the thing is ,it was running great when I first put the machine together what could have happen?
I have even formated and reinstalled

The installation process can cause a fair ammount of fragmentation, i personally always defrag after a fresh install.

I would be interested to know what your refresh rates are on your monitor?

are you using an lcd? and did you change vid drivers during that time between working good and fuzzy?

Defrag would help any system after reload but during gameplay most files are loaded in memory during 3d acceleration. also is this during online or single player?

Ok this is kinda weird
I took my pc over to my dads house so we could trouble shoot it together
and it ran perfect over there
So I tried a diff monitor and bypassed my router when I got back and it still
done the same back home and we have the same ISP

Wsup with that?
I take it some wear else it does great
I bring it back home and it runs like crap
Should I just leave it over there lol

Diskeeper Lite for defrag + Spybot/Ad-Aware SE Personal/Spyware Doctor/Registry Mechanic for spyware. Diskeeper, Spybot and Ad-Aware are free. If it only happens online then it must be your internet connection. Go to Speakeasy.com and run the test.

I have done all that everyone has said to try here
The bad thing is I shut the box down put my old one back up
wich is
HP pavilion 742
AMD XP 2000
1 gig ram
60gig HD
I put in a ATI sappire 9550 vid card
and it plays the game twice as smooth as my new one
Why is that???? this is confusing

How are your processor temps? I suppose it could be possible that you are overheating and the processor is throttling. Its fairly unlikely, but apparently we haven't found the right explanation yet.

Do you have any problems in single player? This should help narrow it down even more.

Troubleshooting is all about removing possibilities.

I would than run a tracerte(see google) on your connection to the server your playing on that is fuzzy or lagging. also does SOF have a FPS counter?

Another great tool to test the systems 3d capibilities is 3dmark which you can download for free.
http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark06/

This program is a great benchmark prog for 3d applications and will help compare to other systems of your type. (also great for burnins)

It sounds like you're getting packet loss at home and none at your fathers house. You're not trying to use jumbo frames are you because they don't usually work with the internet.

You have to try and think of the change that occured between when it ran smooth and when it started stalling. Also figure out the differences between your "dads house setup" and yours. Are you running Vista?

so does the game lag only when u play online?
if so then maybe your bandwidth is being eaten by some other process [maybe a trojan]
while playing the game, shutdown any unnecessary processes.
and try playing single-player while your net is disabled and see if it lags.
and does the game lag always or sometimes?
cause it may be this problem related with dualcores
Dual Core Gaming Fix Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back