Game lockups and crash to BSOD in BF2

By Lunchi
Dec 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

When I try to play Battlefield 2 online I get very choppy game play, the game locks up and the sound keeps on repeating, this usualy happens a few times each lasting around 10 seconds, after around 5 minutes of game play the game locks up totaly then crashes to the BSOD. This doesnt happen all the time (Around 25% of games played). I have tried everything I could think of to fix this but im stumped. Any help would be much apreciated.

My specs:
    Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT
    Radion X600 Mobility
    1024MB DDR RAM (2x512MB Sticks)

More system information can be found here: System Specs

I have also included the files in my minidump directory

Thanks in advance
    Lunchi
  2. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

Try deleting your current graphics driver and then installing the newest one.
  3. .bUd.

.bUd. Newcomer, in training

I've had nothing but trouble with my X600 card, this will be the last time I buy ATI. I used to get VPU recover on like every game, except now it usually locks up compltely and I have to shut my comp off manually or else, it'll just stay frozen while repeating that annoying screeching glitch sound.

I wouldn't recommend an ATI product to anyone, ever. I never had any problems with my geforce 2 card way back in the day ! but I had an ATI radeon 9600, that didn't work very, well, I would get VPU recover messages frequently, and then the same with my new card, and this was on two different computers, so, i've concluded that ATI = unstable and unreliable.
  4. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

5. Lunchi

Lunchi Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks for the help guys, I tried the omega drivers and they have made no difference what so ever. Still getting the same problem, any other sugestions?
  6. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

i had the same exact problem as you and solved it by upgrading my motherboard drivers but i think this only happionds with nivida boards, also how hot is your r prossor and case and viedocard at time of crash
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.