Game Operation Problems, Please Help Ease my Boredom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ungoliant

Hello all, I am really, really hoping that someone can help me with a problem I am having. I have Neverwinter Nights Platinum edition on my computer. Before I had to completely reinstall my windows operating system, I had Neverwinter Nights installed, and it ran perfectly. Now that I reinstalled everything,
Neverwinter Nights is running incredibly slowly.

To my knowledge, I have everything I need for the game to run properly. My computer runs perfectly, and I have the latest video drivers installed. I have no idea why it is doing this, but I would appreciate any and all help.

Did I install my motherboard drivers?

Thank you for your help. However, my computer seems to be running fine, and I have no idea how or why my motherboard drivers would ever have to be installed. I thought they were hardware. My computer runs fine otherwise, no problems with videos, no problems with music. Just with that game. Any ideas?

Did you defrag before installing the game? Also run a RegVac/RegCleaner application. Lots posted here under Downloads.

Windows only comes with generic drivers. You need the newest drivers for the motherboard chipset. You always have to do that when you do a clean install of Windows. You need up to date drivers for the IDE controllers, AGP and other devices on the mobo.

Updating of Drivers, etc.?

Thanks for the advice. However, how would I go about updating those things? I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but I kind of need your help with this one.

Make sure you have all the latest drivers for vid card etc... made a big diff on my COD 2 last night

Thank You All So Very Much!

Thanks to this site, and the help of everyone on it, I don't have to watch re-runs of Law & Order for the rest of the year! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back