Game Reccomendations for my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw123

Hello everyone:

I have just upgraded my PC for gaming, and I am hungry for more games. My system specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Celeron 2600 MHz(2.60 GHz)
RAM: 768 MB, 765 MB Available
Graphics: nVidia GeForce FX 5500 PCI 128 MB DDR(Pixel Shader support 2.0 and openGL 1.5, DirectX 9.0c installed)
Optical drives: Samsung CD-RW 48x, Samsung DVD-ROM 16x
Motherboard: Intel 845GV
Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible external sound card

I cannot get games that are rated 'M' and also, I don't exactly like gore and blood.

Why can't you get the games that are rated M. Becaue most of the great games for pc are rated M. Lots of people who are under 17 play M rated games.

Try Call of Duty 2 if you like war games. It's rated T and there isn't much blood and gore. All the sims games are fun too. Specially Sims 2, no blood and no gore at all just fun.

Im 12, and my parents just dont agree with rated 'M' games.

I'm looking along the lines of: space battle, action, online games...

If you can find it, Homeworld (was Game of the Year 1998) is a great RTS game. A little dated as far as graphics go (but not bad) but excellent game, story and music. Since it's old, it's also very, very inexpensive.

For my system, would you recommend Star Wars Battlefront II? I'm about to get that game...

if you are into star wars and your system is a little dated. Try Knights of the old republic. Not sith lords. Its a GREAT! game and I played it on a geforce 5500 beofre. Ran good and looked good. Its like $20 at wal mart and it is rated T I think

Star Wars Empire At War

is the funniest and newiest SW game out.

swbf 2 is fun at first, but it gets boreing, as this one doesn't and online play is aswome.

The Civilizations games are a ton of fun and also great strategy builders. Civilizations III will play on that PC great, and Civ 4 will also but probably have a few slowdowns here and there.

Racing games are also non-violent and a lot of fun. The Need For Speed Underground series is great and NFS-U2 will play decent on your PC as well. RallySport Challenge is a fun off-road/racing game too.

As far as space battle/dogfighting games go, there hasn't been much on the market recently that's any good so you'll have to dig in bargain bins or order some online as they are older. As already mentioned, Freespace2 is a great space combat/sim. If you like flying/dogfight games and have a joystick, looking for Crimson Skies is highly recommended.

Morrowind can be found pretty cheaply also and is a deep RPG game with pretty graphics and lots of quests; things to do.

If you like Dungeons and Dragons RPG's (is that what they are?) or baldur's gate or something like that I'm playing one at the moment called Icewind Dale 2, it's really addictive and you can get it dirt cheap if you live in America (I had to get it shipped) It's a mix between strategy and rpg and it's rated T.

I'd reccomend SW Empire at War though I think you may have to run at low settings like PaulWuzHere says. I like Star Wars and like RTS so I find it fun. Plus the violence is like in the Star Wars movies so it's not to bloody. I let my 13 year old son play it and he's having a ball. I limit his time on TV an computer but it's safe to say if he didn't have the limits he'd play it for 25 hours a day :D

I just finished playing Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries. It was my first Mechwarrior game, and an excellent stand-alone title, even though it sounds like an expansion.

Of course, it took me a little while to learn the controls. Mechwarrior games are closer to flight simulators than first-person shooters.

Also, there's never a spot of blood that I could see :)

PaulWuzHere, I already have Knights of the old republic, I'm on Korriban, got 10 lightsabers, all red.(I'm dark in that game) Mict, thanks for the reccomendation. My graphics card is recommended for swbf2, so I could run it on low-high, medium settings, it should work fine. My system meets and exceedes the recommended requirements for swbf2. I'll also try Empire at war, but I would like a demo so if I don't like it, I wont have to pay $50 for this game. btw, dungeons and dragons is rated 'm'

Uhhh...anyone, do you have any other recommendations? Read my first post to see the limits.

I'm telling you my friends

Star Wars Empire At War

It can run fairly smooth on you're computer.

Here's the read me...

Attachments

• readme.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 7
suggestions...

prince of persia: sands of time is good... any of the LOTR games
diablo II is always fun, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8..
as for racing, burnout 3, flatout, and nfsu2 should run well on your hardware
for adventure, monkey island 4 is an amazing game, so is grim fandango...
you said mature games, right...
I've always enjoyed playing XIII (rated T, I believe)

These ran on my my system when I had a 5500pci, my specs were just about the same as yours, although I had only 512mb of RAM

If you want to try a turn based game that is interesting try civilization IV or pick up civ3 for a song. This game requires that you build a society and control military and science and production. The learning curve is considered long but the game is very rewarding. Another older game I like is Rise of Nations which is rated teen. This game is also world conquest like but in real time.

Mozart

Im not that interested in turn-based games, im more of a guy who likes 1st person games like swbf2, but i like empire at war. Any other recommendations?

Well, Guild Wars is out now, looks good. Didn't look at the rating, also I live in Ireland so it's different over here, I was just thinking about it 'cause I saw it in a shop today, half thinking of picking it up myself.

sw123 said:
Hello everyone:

I have just upgraded my PC for gaming, and I am hungry for more games. My system specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Celeron 2600 MHz(2.60 GHz)
RAM: 768 MB, 765 MB Available
Graphics: nVidia GeForce FX 5500 PCI 128 MB DDR(Pixel Shader support 2.0 and openGL 1.5, DirectX 9.0c installed)
Optical drives: Samsung CD-RW 48x, Samsung DVD-ROM 16x
Motherboard: Intel 845GV
Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible external sound card

I cannot get games that are rated 'M' and also, I don't exactly like gore and blood.
EDITED BY POSTER AS TO NOT CAUSE ANYMORE ARGUMENT

YOU think a 6800 is the minimum? I say 6600 (not gt) or an x600pro or xt. As for the x2 4400. WTF?! You do not need a processor that high... I say atleast an Intel 2.6Ghz P-4 or an AMD Athlon 3000+ or 3200+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back