Game recomendations please

By Robin997
Jan 2, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi everyone

can anyone reccomed action/shooting games that are as similar or better than the fantastic "far cry", as i am in the market for decent games, as i really loved playing far cry.
  2. Well looking at your PC specifications in your profile, I don't think you will be able to play Crysis. You will first of all have to get a definite memory upgrade. Crysis is probably the closest you will get to Far Cry today. To test to see what games your PC is able to run, follow this link:
    - www.yougamers.com

As for action/shooting games that don't require demanding specifications, there is F.E.A.R., Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, The Orange Box, and Bioshock.

In the end though, Crysis is pretty much the only game that comes very close to the Far Cry feel of gameplay and atmosphere.
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

Well Joe reccomended some pretty good games. However, despite him listing them, your PC does not meet the requirements for Call of Duty 4 or Bioshock. I just didn't want you buying either and finding out your PC can not run them.
  4. Myzz617

Myzz617 Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

You should upgrade your RAM like they said. Far cry and Crysis are made by the same people which is why people reccomend it for the gameplay that is similar.

C&C 3 is a good game, i can only imagine how it would be on PC. Multi-tasking is a great challenge..should venture and try some RTS games.
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,425   +281

C&C3 is fun, GDI and NOD are fairly easy to master, the Scrin on the other hand... I found them much harder.
  6. Myzz617

Lol i have not completed it yet. But it does not seem 2 hard to become a true master. World in conflict and one game that is not out, Endwar seem to be great RTS games as well.
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,425   +281

I didn't have much difficulty beating GDI and NOD on hard, Scrin though, I just gave up.
  8. ShipMaster

ShipMaster Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

Half-Life 2 should run fine on your PC.

I would also recommend the two episodes that take place after HL2 and have only slightly higher requirements.
  9. Myzz617

Consider both Company of Heroes versions...look @ reviewz in IGN.com and Gamespot.com in researching your PC games. Enjoy
  10. RadiKalDreamerX

RadiKalDreamerX Newcomer, in training

Chronicles of Riddick is a good one.
  11. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

Get S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

It's one of the best FPS games i've ever played. :)

12. nonda

nonda Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

cs = best fps game ever made!
  13. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

He was talking about Single Player games since he was talking about Far Cry.

But I agree, CS is a pretty fun FPS Game. :)
  14. nonda

nonda Newcomer, in training Posts: 46

best gameplay :eek:
  15. Robin997

Robin997 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 139

re-joeM076
    i am in the process of built a new pc the specs are-

asrock p4i65g motherboard
    pentium 4 3.2GHz
    1GB PC3200
    nvidia 7300GT 512mb 8x
    hitachi 160GB HDD
    530 watt psu
    does anyone think i will be able to run "crysis" ok with these system specs?
  16. Myzz617

17. Robin997

lol, crysis system requirements are just 2 high!

any other good game reccomendations, that will run ok on my pc?
  18. ShipMaster

ShipMaster Newcomer, in training Posts: 95

Counter-Strike: Source is the best online game I have ever played. It uses the same game engine as HL2 so it should run good on your computer.
  19. Myzz617

Try the command and conquer series.

Must the game be similar or are u willing to explore?
  20. Robin997

er, willing to explore maybe?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.