Gamecube color problems - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to intrude, but I am desperate and have googled everything I can think of with no results.

My gamecube won't read in color. Everything is grayscale. When I googled this, everyone seemed to concur that it was the cables, so I went out and bought a new cable with high hopes. Unfortunately, when I hooked it up to the TV with the new cable and turned it on, everything was still in grayscale! So there's something wrong with the cube itself.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, whether it can be fixed at all, or if I can do it at home? I have never tried to repair a gaming console, but I don't want to just go buy another cube somewhere if I don't have to.

To be more specific, the cable I bought was a universal console RCA cable, not anything digital or RF or whatever. So it's not nintendo brand, but the original cables are hard to find since Nintendo doesn't make them anymore.

I figured out that it's not the cube, it's my TV! My brand new TV! I am so mad! =( Good thing I bought the warranty. It has three or four RCA jacks in the back, and one of them is totally freaked out.

It's a Samsung 36" LCD. We bought it two months ago. Argh. We usually have excellent luck with Samsung, which is why we shopped that brand in particular. We just have some sort of weird TV curse. The last 4 TVs we've owned have broken prematurely. That's why we bought the warranty this time, and good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back